We’re excited today to bring our latest feature out of beta and share it with all SaneBox users, free, no matter what your plan is.
Considering the fact that the average person sends and receives 122 business emails per day, it’s easy to understand why recipients sometimes miss emails and why senders forget to follow up if there was no response. In fact, we recently analyzed our internal data and found that just 6 to 7% of the emails our users send receive a reply. To combat this issue, we created SaneNoReplies, a bulletproof follow-up tool that ensures important threads don’t fall through the cracks. We released it in beta a few weeks ago, and the response so far has been fantastic.
How SaneNoReplies works
SaneNoReplies is a folder that contains all the emails you sent over the last four weeks that were not replied to. After enabling the folder on your SaneBox Dashboard, it will appear alongside your @SaneLater, @SaneBlackHole, @SaneSnooze, and other custom email folders. If you sent an email within the past four weeks, we’ll put it in that folder until you receive a response. We recommend skimming through this folder periodically to follow up on any loose ends. When you see messages that you aren’t expecting a response to, just delete it (or, if you’re a Gmail user, just remove the label).
Tell me more!
- By default, outgoing messages that were not replied to will be put in your SaneNoReplies folder 24 hours after sending. If you’d like to change the timing, you can do so from your dashboard.
- If you have a deadline for a reply, you can still CC or BCC a SaneReminder address. This way, we’ll send a reminder to your inbox at the designated time, and we’ll keep that email from clogging up your @SaneNoReplies folder.
- Depending on your email client, the name you see next to the subject line will be the name of the sender (you), so use your subject line wisely and click into emails when you’re not sure who it was sent to.
- Normally, emails in your Sent folder are displayed as “read.” When copying the email to your SaneNoReplies folder, we set them to “unread” so you know which ones you have and have not reviewed.
Why a Sent email will not appear in your SaneNoReplies folder
If you have sent mail that is not appearing in your SaneNoReplies folder, it’s for one of the following reasons:
- You included a SaneReminder address in To:, CC:, or BCC: field
- You included NRN, FYI, NNTR somewhere in the subject
- It was replied to
- It was sent more than a month ago
- It was sent today and your older_than setting is set to wait a day
- It was older than your 1000th most recent sent email
- You replied to an email thread you didn’t start
- Note: You can forward these sent emails directly to a SaneReminder address. Although this won’t add them to SaneNoReplies, you will get a reminder in your Inbox at the appointed time if you don’t get a reply.
There you have it—a miniature CRM right in your inbox. Head on over to your SaneBox dashboard and enable SaneNoReplies today.
Do you have any questions, concerns, or other feedback? We always love to hear from you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy emailing, from your friends at SaneBox.
SaneBox is an easy-to-use inbox tool that helps you make your email manageable again. How? By prioritizing important emails and summarizing the rest. Learn more about the full suite of productivity features, and start today for free »